Meter is disconnecting randomly and does not connect again
I have 3 meters in all 3-phase versions that I use in my house. The first one is measuring imports and export to/from the grid. This one works fine and does not disconnect. This has the firmware version ATV1.71.7@MX1290. This unit also shows up when I browse my network.
Now to the issue, I have 2 other meters. They are set up with my inverters to measure energy production and they were purchased around a year after I bought the first one. They are losing connection. It could happen in a few hours or it could work for days without issues. Typically they work for around 2 days. It seems to happen randomly. I don’t seem to find any logic as to why this happened. One of them is placed 20 cm from the one with no issues. They do not show up when I browse my computer, as the other one does. They have newer firmware. ATV1.75.46@MX1290.
I’ve tried both static IP addresses and the DHCP server to
assign IP, but it does not seem to work making any difference.
I’m using an ASUS GT-AX11000 and it’s connected to the 2.4GHz wifi.
As you see in the picture below the lowest meter only have only one green light, so it has lost connection to wifi.
Please help us to confirm such issues
1 the disconnection problem only happens in the new coming two energy meters, yes? (Just one has such a problem or both have such a problem).
2 if this problem exists all the time or just happen recently?
3 whether all three energy meters are in the same WLAN?
4 when disconnection occurs, whether it could resume automatically or had to recover manually?
5 whether the wifi setting of the energy meter is back to default(SSID:"test") configuration when the disconnection occurs,that means you have to reconfigure the wifi that let it connect to the router again.
1. Yes it is only the newest meters that have the problem. Both the new ones have the problem. They were purchased at the same time and got the same firmware version.
2. It's been going on for a long time. I had the same problem last year as well, but it has become more frequent this year.
3. All are on the same WLAN the one that works and one of the ones with issues is on the same Wifi net, and the last with the issue is on an extender to the same net.
4. To makes it work I need to manually connect it to my phone and set it up again. Select the wifi again and save and reboot.
5. Yes it is back to test. When saving I get Parameter Configuration success.
If it is back to the default setting,please upgrade to the latest version,then this problem will be fixed